Tuition Assistance and a PWS Waldorf Education
Thank you for considering Pasadena Waldorf School for your student(s).
Tuition Assistance (TA) at PWS supports the diversity and inclusion that is a hallmark of the school’s educational and social mission, which enriches education and builds social capacities in us all.
TA is allocated to students entering kindergarten through grade 12 (and preschool if a sibling of an older child) based on proven need and the availability of funds. Need is determined by a Tuition Assistance Committee utilizing an assessment by School and Student Services (SSS). SSS helps independent schools across the country determine a family’s financial need fairly, equitably, and confidentially.
The Tuition Assistance budget is calculated as a percentage of the school-wide tuition revenue anticipated for 2019-20. To provide Tuition Assistance to as many returning and new families as possible, PWS limits Tuition Assistance amounts to 50% of the student’s tuition, including the Nap program but not including Aftercare.
Deadlines / Timeline
For re-enrolling families to be eligible for priority consideration:
- SSS will begin accepting applications online for the 2019-20 school year on October 2, 2018
- submit your completed tuition assistance application no later than November 25, 2018
For families whose enrollment will begin in 2019-20:
- Completed tuition assistance applications must be received by January 22, 2019
Late applications may still be considered, subject to availability within the budget.
Applying for Tuition Assistance
A complete application includes three components:
- Parent Financial Statement (PFS).
- Section 20 of the PFS acts as a cover letter. It is the place to “Tell us your story” and include any pertinent financial information that may not be reflected in the numbers.
- All Required Documents.
- All Required Documents must be uploaded to your SSS application. An ACH form is required of all families receiving TA. Please note that in addition to all Required Documents, SSS may request Business Taxes, current year federal and state taxes, and other documentation where applicable.
You can apply here: https://www.solutionsbysss.com/parents. The Pasadena Waldorf School SSS code is 5687.
For additional information on applying for Tuition Assistance, click here.
Tuition Assistance – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How will new families know if they can afford PWS?
Tuition Assistance (TA) at PWS is needs-based, but no more than 50% of the student’s tuition can be granted. You are encouraged to start your tuition assistance application along with your admissions application. The Admissions Committee and Tuition Assistance Committee strive to communicate each decision at the same time.
Can we apply for financial assistance for our preschool student?
Preschool students who have an older sibling in the school are eligible.
How do two-household families apply for financial assistance?
In the case of two-household families, both families must submit complete applications to SSS. PWS considers total combined income from both families in the TA decision and the family receives a single invoice.
How do we make our tuition payments?
Tuition is due July 1 before school starts, or upon first invoice for mid-year enrollment. Monthly payments can be arranged over 12 months starting July 1 and will incur a processing fee. Monthly payments are made via automatic withdrawal, authorized at the time of enrollment.
If you have questions about Tuition Assistance, please email email@example.com