Tuition Assistance at The Pasadena Waldorf School
- TA is allocated to students entering kindergarten through grade 12 (and preschool with an older sibling at PWS) based on proven financial need and the availability of funds.
- Need is determined by the Tuition Assistance Committee (TAC) utilizing an assessment by School and Student Services (SSS). SSS helps independent schools across the country determine a family’s financial need fairly, equitably, and confidentially.
- The TA budget is calculated as a percentage of the school-wide tuition revenue anticipated for that school year.
- To provide TA to as many returning and new families as possible, PWS limits TA amounts to 50% of the student’s tuition.
- TA is specific to tuition and the family is obligated to pay all applicable fees.
- Once TA Notices are sent, families have 10 business days to sign the Enrollment Agreement and claim their TA amounts. After 10 days, the TA amounts expire and are returned to the TA budget.
- For new applicants, PWS strives to deliver Admissions and TA decisions concurrently.
Important Dates and Deadlines for the 21 - 22 School Year
|TA APPLICATIONS DUE
|Friday, February 5, 2021
|TA NOTICES SENT TO RE-ENROLLING FAMILIES||Monday, February 22, 2021|
|TA NOTICES SENT TO PROSPECTIVE FAMILIES||Friday, March 5, 2021|
How to Apply
1. Before applying, please read the PWS TA Policy in full.
2. Start your application by creating an SSS account or logging in to your existing SSS account.
3. Enter the Pasadena Waldorf School SSS code: 5687.
4. Submit the Parent Financial Statement (PFS).
a. Complete Section 13 of the PFS which details Educational Costs. Include all sources of tuition, including loans and gifts from friends and family.
b. Complete Section 20 of the PFS which acts as a cover letter. It is the place to include any pertinent financial information that may not be reflected in the numbers.
5. Upload All Required Documents. Note: PWS cannot accept hard copies of any financial documents. SSS is used for secure uploading. SSS may also request business taxes, current year federal and state taxes, and other documentation where applicable. Applicants from outside the U.S. will complete the International Student Financial Aid Profile form.
Questions and Support
SSS provides customer service by phone, email, and Family Portal chat. Contact the SSS Parent Support Line for assistance at 800.344.8328.
The TA liaison supports the work of the Tuition Assistance Committee (TAC) and facilitates communication with families. You may receive requests for information or clarification from TAC through this email address: email@example.com