Director of Finance
The Pasadena Waldorf School seeks a Director of Finance. Responsibilities include supervising all business related activity of the school for budgetary compliance, legal liability, and regulatory compliance, to include the maintenance and creation of policies and procedures to support the operations of the school and the application of internal controls to ensure the integrity of the financial records. The Director of Finance supervises the business office staff, report to the Administrator, and prepares financial reports for Board, CFO and other bodies as needed.
Supervise daily financial, accounting, insurance, treasury, and tax reporting activity:
- Member of the Board’s Finance Committee
- Serves as major contact point with CFO and external auditors, including investigation of accounting issues
- Supervise the creation and implementation of the School’s budget, to include
- Collection and submission of budget to Finance Committee for review and approval
- First level approval of items within budget guidelines
- Creation of budget vs actual reports for Administrator, Finance Committee, and Board review at intervals set by the Administrator.
- Enforces payment policies set by Finance Committee
- Serves as contact point for major lenders
- Oversight of insurance contracts and coverage as necessary, including:
- Oversight of compliance with insurance guidelines of all campus activity
- Responsible for all AWSNA reporting (including annual report)
- Oversees HR compliance
- In conjunction with the CFO, oversees investment portfolio
- Preforms annual reviews of direct reports
- Oversees preparation of all tax reporting
- Executes all other financial documents, including student contracts
- Oversees the Wishing Well School Store
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of accounting principles and practice.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work cooperatively with a broad array of constituencies.
- Experience supervising an accounting department.
- Knowledge of California employment law
- Familiarity with Waldorf education.
- Familiarity with state regulations as they pertain to California independent schools.
Progressively responsible related work experience, preferably 10 or more years, and ideally at the Comptroller/CFO level. Must possess experience supervising employees.
Minimum of BA or equivalent experience. Interested candidates should fax, mail, or e-mail the following to email@example.com:
- Letter of interest and intention
- Brief biography
- Three references, including most recent employer
- Current contact information
Compensation and Hours:
Full time, salary, with benefits according to school policy for full-time staff.